The Citizens' Panel
The Citizens’ Panel (CP) provides an independent view and critical friendship on matters relating to the Integrated Care System (ICS).
In particular, the group has been set up to ensure that the voice of the local population is heard and influences any developments. It does this by making sure engagement opportunities are created for citizens, patients and carers and that they are meaningful, targeted and relative to the changes suggested.
The Panel ensures that its work and the issues reflected by citizen engagement are given equal importance to the work of professional health and care partners.
The specific purpose and aims of the Panel are:
- To support the ICS with advice and guidance so that it can meaningfully engage patients, carers and citizens in the planning and shaping of future services and in the development of transformation proposals on behalf of all partners
- To review stakeholder engagement plans related to potentially substantial service transformation proposals to ensure engagement activity meets all guidance
- To comment on whether a proposal is a service change and priority areas for engagement
- To comment on and promote innovation and improvement in stakeholder engagement
- To review (often complex) service related and / or financial information to ensure any information is easily understandable and clear before being shared with the wider public
- To encourage the ICS team to ensure protected and other ‘seldom heard’ groups are given appropriately tailored opportunities to shape future services
- To bring any local issues that may have some bearing on the implementation of the SYB Plan to the attention of the group
Authority and Governance
The CP is an advisory body and as such is not a decision making body and has no delegated authority. Its role is to advise and make recommendations to the Collaborative Partnership Board. The Collaborative Partnership Board is made up of leaders from the main health and care organisations in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw and oversees proposals to improve to local care and services. However, the individual organisations that are represented on the Board retain responsibility for making decisions using their own governance structures.
You can read notes from the Citizens' Panel meetings here
The South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw Memorial Service is an inclusive service for those bereaved by suicide. The service… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
As a care worker you’ll get full training on-the-job. All you need to get started are your personal qualities. Re… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
12-15s can now get the COVID-19 vaccine at a local vaccination centre as well as at school.